Week 10 Reflective Journal

1. What did you actually learned from the unit.

I learned about different personality types and how they handle change. I also learned about ways to productively approach employees and other individuals about change. I also learned how I might better adapt and cope with change. 

I always really like to do the group discussions. It allows me to learn more about my team members. I learned about their opinions and backgrounds with change. Some of them approached change completely different than what I would have imagined. 

I will monitor change. This is extremely important as a nurse. All of the patients on our unit need to be regularly assessed for any change as this can be an early indicator of something more drastic. So even though that may not be where the “Who Ate My Cheese?” story was headed, that is all I could think about. 

4. You personal feelings about the material covered.

I feel like this was really good material. I did not realize how differently people perceive and implement change. In a management position, or even as a team member, I feel that this is important to take into consideration when implementing change.