Week 15 Reflective Journal

1. What did you actually learned from the unit.

I learned more about risk management and some of the challenges that come as a nursing supervisor. I found that being a nursing supervisor when accidents happen can create a whole new world of stress and so many factors you never would have initially thought of. 

If anything, I feel that the group discussion broadened my horizon of thought. They brought up ideas and organized those ideas in such a way that I never would have thought of. Particularly when it comes to handeling accidents and other situations as a nursing supervisor. 

As I mentioned above, my fellow peers gave me some ideas and insight as how to handle accidents in the workplace. I think that maintaining and open and non judgemental environment in the workplace- especially after an accident happens- is hugely important to help the employee and the rest of the unit move on. 

4. You personal feelings about the material covered.

I feel this was helpful material. I am sure at some point or another we are all going to witness a serious complication or accident in our careers. Gaining insight that we can bring with us in the future is something I believe to be important.